Hudson Taylor University shall strive to glorify and love God in all its endeavors. As an institution of biblical higher education, it shall educate its students to serve Christ and fellow humankind toward the establishment of God’s Kingdom. It shall equip those called to His service with the most relevant, culturally diverse, and up-to-date scholarship in biblical and mission studies. Hudson Taylor University shall foster the development of leaders who will bring the Gospel to the far corners to the world.
1. To produce selfless leaders with missional focus who will dedicate their careers and lives to further our Lord’s Great Commission.
2. To educate students who exhibit the theological competence and biblical understanding needed in a variety of contexts, whether ministerial or further graduate studies.
3. To provide a learning environment that is multilingual and culturally diverse.
4. To network, partner with and engage churches, citizens, and institutions, local and global.
5. To be an efficiently managed and financially ethical institution.
Hudson Taylor University recognizes that God is the ultimate judge of our intentions and actions. Worldly reputation and temporal recognition are mere derivatives of our earnest prayer to be judged by God with mercy and love. Therefore, as members of the University, we shall always be honest in our intentions and actions toward ourselves, students, and all those with whom we communicate. All records and data shall be created and maintained honestly and with the highest level of integrity and competence by the University.
Hudson Taylor University recognizes that we are all sinners whose lives are redeemed solely by God’s mercy and Christ’s blood. Members of the University shall always look toward themselves and those around them with merciful demeanor and be spiritually prepared to forgive others as God has forgiven them.
Hudson Taylor University recognizes that all material and ﬁnancial resources are given to us by God’s Providence and Grace. Therefore, every member of the University shall always be transparent in handling matters of ﬁnance and in the use of University resources.
Hudson Taylor University recognizes that our entire endeavor should lead solely to further building of His Kingdom on Earth. Personal proﬁt and individual gain must be avoided in all affairs of the University. All potential conﬂicts of interest and all issues that may violate this Standard must be fully disclosed to the Board of Directors. The Board must apply the strictest interpretation of the applicable State and Federal law in deciding matters involving conﬂict of interest.
Hudson Taylor University recognizes that adherence to the above Standards should lead to full compliance with all Federal, State and local laws regarding the governance, operation and ﬁnancial ﬁling requirements promulgated by the government. Nonetheless, the University shall strive to continually update its knowledge of the law and maintain the highest level of compliance with the law.
Hudson Taylor University recognizes that we must be ever vigilant regarding violations of the Ethical Standards set above. All violations must be reported to the ofﬁce of the President initially as a conﬁdential communication and then reviewed and investigated by the Board. All ﬁnal adjudication on the violation shall be made by the Board of Directors.
Hudson Taylor University subscribes to the Tenets of Faith of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE):
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and visible return in power and glory.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he was tempted by Satan and fell, and that, because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for salvation.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by Whom the church is empowered to carry out Christ’s great commission.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Copyright 2021 © Hudson Taylor University